Spouse visa application is an application for non-EEA nationals married to British citizens or settled persons in the UK. There are a lot of requirements to be satisfied and the applicants need to ensure they have provided sufficient evidence to prove that they meet the financial, accommodation or language requirement.
Spouse Visa – what are the requirements?
Applicants submitting a spouse visa application need to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over;
- Applicants must not fall under the General Grounds of Refusal;
- Applicants must be in a genuine and subsisting relationship and be married;
- Applicants must meet the financial requirement and accommodation requirement;
- Applicants must meet the English language requirement;
To apply as a spouse your partner must also either:
- be a British citizen
- have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence)
The applicant and their spouse must intend to live together after they apply. They will also need to prove that they are in a marriage that is recognised in the UK.
Spouse visa application – Contact our lawyers
Contact our lawyers in Carter Lemon Camerons Solicitors for advice on immigration matters. The specialist team at Carter Lemon Camerons Solicitors can assist you with all immigration and business-related matters. Our years of expertise in these areas mean that we can provide tailored solutions for you. For more details, please contact Kasia Janucik and Aleksandra Kowalska in our commercial and immigration team at Carter Lemon Camerons or call us on +44 (0) 20 7406 1018.